This Mouthwatering Chicken and Rice Casserole is loaded with veggies, chicken, rice, and FLAVOR! A family favorite that screams comfort food!
Is there anything better than a tasty casserole?! Well, okay, I can think of lots of things, but still…casseroles scream comfort and are a favorite in my house!
Do you love casseroles? Check out these other family favorites:
This school year, my kids started out online. Our school district gave us a choice between virtual or on campus, and with the uncertainty of Covid…my hubby and I opted for virtual first quarter.
While having the kids home each day, we quickly realized that I wasn’t the best lunch lady (haha) and my kids grew tired of sandwiches quickly.
Since our school district offers free breakfast/lunch meals for all kids through December, my hubby picked up a meal kit for each kid last week.
Mainly, it was to add variety to their meals and change things up a bit!
Little did I know how much food those kits included! Wow! Everything from fruits, vegetables, cereals, milk, chicken options, and more!
Quick, easy, and packed with flavor! This Mouthwatering Chicken & Rice Casserole is a family favorite!
Since we were overflowing with vegetables in my freezer, I decided to make a casserole and include them in it!
We had a crazy busy night between tumbling, football, and golf…so this casserole worked out fabulous!
I was able to prepare this early in the afternoon, place in the oven come dinnertime, and we had a full meal in one pan!
If you love quick and easy dinners, this Mouthwatering Chicken and Rice Casserole is for you! Packed with flavor and all three of my kids loved it!
*I used Auntie Nono’s Everything Seasoning in this as we LOVE it and use it on everything we can! Check it out HERE!!
Mouthwatering Chicken and Rice Casserole: Print the recipe below!
Mouthwatering Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 6.9 oz Rice-A-Roni *I use chicken flavor
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked/shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Auntie Nono's Everything Seasoning *or garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the Rice A Roni according to package directions.
- During the last 5 minutes of cook time for rice, add in the carrots, green pepper, onion, and spinach to allow to soften a bit.
- Add in the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, cooked chicken, salt, pepper, and everything seasoning/garlic powder.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle cheese and bread crumbs lightly on top.
- Place pan in preheated oven and allow to cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve! Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Hot Eats and Cool Reads