This Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast Casserole is packed with flavor and a “stick to your ribs” kind of meal! Hearty, tasty, and a favorite any time of the day!
Confession time, this casserole is actually one I made at Christmas and am just now getting around to blogging. Crazy, right?!
Truth be told, I thought I DID share this recipe with you all, but when I was organizing photos on my camera, I found that these pictures had not been uploaded yet….hence reminding me that I had forgotten! Oops! Better late then never, right?!
My family LOVES a good casserole. Taking a look through my blog, you can probably tell. Whether a breakfast casserole or dinner…they are always a hit!
This Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast Casserole may just be a top contender for favorite due to how much flavor it has! Egg, sausage crumbles, biscuits, and of course….gravy! What more could you ask for in a single casserole?!
Christmas morning, while my hubby was waking the kids up to open presents (yes, my kids are sleepers even on Christmas morning), I was prepping this. Only a few short minutes later, this was ready to pop in the oven while presents were opened!
We all LOVED it and declared this casserole our new Christmas morning breakfast! Even my parents, who came over for breakfast, loved it and gave it two thumbs up!
Of course, even though this has breakfast in the title, it can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner! Leftovers are just as tasty…if not more because the biscuits absorb some of the gravy making it even more flavorful!
If you’re looking for a hearty meal packed with flavor, but simple to prep….this is just the casserole for you!
9×13 baking pan: https://amzn.to/3ezBlgY
Recipe adapted from: Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pkg Biscuits *I use Pilsbury, 8 count
- 6 eggs
- 1 pkg peppered gravy mix *2.3 oz package
- 1 lb sausage *we used mild, any flavor works
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- Grease and 9x13 baking pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook sausage in a skillet and drain grease once sausage is cooked through (no longer pink).
- Cut the biscuits into small pieces, about 4 pieces per biscuit.
- Line the bottom of your prepared pan with the biscuit pieces.
- Spread the cooked sausage on top of the biscuit dough pieces.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over sausage.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together, adding salt/pepper as desired.
- Pour egg mixture over the shredded cheese.
- Prepare gravy according to package directions and pour over the egg mixture.
- Place pan into preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until egg/biscuits are cooked.
- Remove pan from oven and serve! Enjoy!