This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Barilla®. All opinions are 100% mine.
Last week, I did my monthly bulk shopping at the local Sam’s Club. Having a family of 5, 3 of which are young kids, buying in bulk is a time saver.
While I was there, I noticed a new Barilla Pasta Variety Pack . My family LOVES their pasta dishes, so I knew I had to buy it right away. I prefer Barilla pasta over other brands because they use quality ingredients, and I can always find the type I need. The variety pack consisted of Farfalle, Elbows, and Rotini…..all of which are favorites in my house!
I decided to whip up a cold pasta salad since it was a warm day outside. The chicken bacon ranch pasta salad came together in no time and was a huge hit with everyone! I made it in the morning, put it in the fridge, and come evening….dinner was served! I decided to make the whole box of pasta for this recipe, so we had plenty for leftovers the next night as well!!
With warm weather heading our way, this pasta salad is a great way to avoid adding heat to the home! Head to your local Sam’s Club or check out Samsclub.com to purchase a Barilla pasta variety pack and be sure to add this to your meal plan!!
- 1 box Barilla Rotini pasta ( 1 lb)
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 8 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup French fried onions
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken breast
- Boil water in a large pot and cook the Barilla Rotini until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, cook chicken and sprinkle with desired seasonings. (I used garlic powder and about 2 tbsp. Ranch dressing)
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water until pasta is no longer warm.
- Add pasta to a mixing bowl and combine with cooked chicken and crumbled bacon.
- Mix in the cheese and onions.
- Pour the Ranch dressing on top and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Place bowl in your refrigerator until ready to serve!!
Recipe adapted from: Quirky Inspired