This Strawberry Pretzel Salad is always a hit at any get together! A pretzel crust, topped with a sweet cream cheese layer and strawberry topping!
Growing up, my mom had a specific jello recipe for each Holiday. At Christmas, she would make her layered jello, Thanksgiving is her blueberry cream cheese jello, and Easter is her strawberry pretzel salad. The strawberry pretzel salad was always one of my favorites because you get the sweetness from the cream cheese/jello, but also the saltiness from the crushed pretzels.
Now that I am older and have a family of my own, it is fun watching my kids experience their favorites each Holiday! My daughter’s favorite is this jello, whereas my oldest son’s favorite is the Thanksgiving blueberry jello!!
Check out these other family Holiday favorites:
Isn’t it fun that food dishes can be a tradition that is passed down each and every generation? I love thinking that some of the recipes I make today for my family, are ones that my kids may end up making for their family years down the road! Who knows, maybe this blog will be something they log into and search through for recipes, haha! Technology is a crazy thing, right?!
This is one of those dishes that is perfect for BBQ’s, side dishes, parties, or sweet treats! No need to wait for a Holiday to make this! If you like a salty/sweet combo, this is perfect for you!
I don’t really know why the name has “salad” in the name as it most definitely is not your typical salad, but hey…if this is salad, sign me up, right?!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you give this a try!!
Salty, Sweet, Creamy, and Flavorful! This Strawberry Pretzel Salad has it all! Enjoy for dessert or as a side dish option!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a sweet and salty dish that is a crowd favorite! Print the recipe below and be sure to give it a try!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 6 oz Strawberry Jello
- 2 cups Boiling water
- 2 cups Pretzels, crushed
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 8 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 8 oz Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 lb Strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the jello package and boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and add in 1/4 cup sugar. Mix in crushed pretzels.
- Transfer pretzel mixture to a 9 x 13 baking pan and use a fork to press mixture evenly on bottom of pan.
- Place pan in oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- While pretzel layer is cooling, mix together the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar using a hand held mixer until combined.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread mixture evenly over cooled pretzels making sure to cover entire pan side to side.
- Refrigerate pan for 30 minutes.
- Mix sliced strawberries into room temperature jello mixture.
- Pour jello over cream cheese layer evenly and place in refrigerator for about 2-3 hours, or until set up.
- Serve and enjoy!!