A few weeks ago, as I was looking through my pantry, I noticed I had a ton of rice. I don’t know remember if there was a sale I just HAD to take advantage of, or if I was continuously overlooking the rice I had, and buying more. I wanted to find a way to use some up quickly, so I made our favorite side dish. This french onion rice is amazing! It only takes a few minutes to throw together, and has amazing flavor! My kids love this, and even my “I don’t like rice” husband says that this is great!!
- 1 cup uncooked white rice (not instant)
- 1 ( 10 oz) can condensed French Onion soup
- 1 (10 oz) can beef broth
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced
- In an 8×8 baking dish, combine the rice, soup and broth.
- Add in the cut butter slices on top of rice mixture.
- Cover baking dish with tin foil and bake in a preheated oven, 425, for about 25 minutes.
- Remove tin foil and continue baking an additional 20-25 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Serve and enjoy!!