This easy meal is ready in 20 minutes and tastes even better than takeout! Budget friendly, simple to prepare, and makes plenty for leftovers the next day!
Last week, my mom went to her friends house for dinner. When she got home, she immediately text me to tell me how tasty dinner was. She even took several pictures and brought home the recipe! Knowing I would want it, she passed it my way and after one look at the pics, I knew I had to share!
I LOVE Chinese food and one of my favorite dishes to order is simple chicken fried rice! Nothing better than an order of that with a side of egg rolls, right?!
Well, since I already have a baked egg roll recipe, I can’t wait to make this rice and have a complete at home meal!
Not only does it allow me to not have to load the entire family up and go to a restaurant, but it also is budget friendly, kid friendly, and based on the recipe….makes plenty for leftovers the next day!
Thanks mom for snagging the recipe for me and thanks Christi for sharing!!
Check out the Chinese recipes below that my family enjoys for more ideas of options to serve with this fried rice!
Orange Chicken- https://thecookinchicks.com/2017/05/simple-orange-chicken/
Baked Egg Rolls- https://thecookinchicks.com/2013/01/baked-egg-rolls/
Honey Sesame Chicken- https://thecookinchicks.com/2014/03/baked-honey-sesame-chicken/
Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (more if desired)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp green onions, chopped (optional)
- Preheat a medium skillet or wok to medium heat.
- Add the sesame oil, onion, and peas/carrots.
- Allow to cook until tender.
- Slide the onion, carrots, and peas to one side of skillet and add in the lightly beaten eggs to the other side.
- Using a spatula, scramble the eggs.
- Once eggs are fully cooked, combine with the onion/peas/carrots.
- Add the cooked rice and shredded chicken into the skillet and combine with the egg mixture.
- Pour the soy sauce on top and stir to combine evenly.
- Add in the green onions, if using. Serve!
Here is the wok I use and love, https://amzn.to/2Trjbnq