Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein is a noodle dish packed with classic Chinese flavor! Skip ordering takeout and make this at home in a fraction of the time!
By now, you probably realize I have an obsession with my Instant Pot. Seriously, how did I do life without one?? Not only does it make dinner a breeze, but clean up is even easier! Talk about game changer! Whether I procrastinate thinking about dinner and have frozen meat, or if I am ready to go with thawed…..dinner can be ready in no time! I even find myself experimenting with new recipes more often because its simple and fun!
A few nights ago, I had a major craving for Chinese food. My typical go to is Chicken Fried Rice and Egg Rolls, but I was craving something new. Believe it or not, we really don’t have very many “good” Chinese restaurants around us here in Houston (I’m in a north suburb). We have one up the road that is “eh”, but I have to really be desperate to want to go there, haha! I think we were spoiled years ago when we lived in Seattle. We had at least 3-4 INCREDIBLE Chinese restaurants near our house and it was great! Since then, nothing really compares and we end up disappointed every where we go!
After spending a few hours on Pinterest trying to gain inspiration, I decided to combine a few different recipes into on Instant Pot version of Chicken Lo Mein. I happened to have the ingredients on hand and it was incredibly simple to prepare.
My kids are pretty adventurous eaters since their mama happens to cook all sorts of things, but I certainly didn’t expect them to love this as much as they did. My oldest had a second serving and my little ones cleared their plates! Definitely a hit!
The carrots and red pepper in this had a slight crispness to it that really enhanced the texture! Plus, I was able to sneak veggies into my kids dinner without hearing complaints!
To prep this, it took about 5 minutes and only had a 4 minute cook time (once the Instant Pot pressurized). I was able to move on with helping my kids with their homework while this cooked!
My family of 5 each had generous portions for dinner and still had leftovers for lunch the next day! Definitely budget friendly and easier on the wallet than takeout would have been!
Be sure to add this Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein to your meal plan and let me know what you think!
Instant Pot: https://amzn.to/38e5VJn
Instant Pot Non Stick Liner (HIGHLY RECOMMEND): https://amzn.to/2RrLQIC
Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles, broken in half
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup carrots, matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- sesame seeds, optional
- Add the vegetable oil, diced raw chicken, minced garlic, chicken broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and uncooked spaghetti noodles to your instant pot. *Ensure the noodles are as submerged in the liquid as you can get them
- Place lid on Instant Pot and ensure valve at top is in sealing position.
- Cook manual high pressure for 4 minutes, followed by a quick release.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch.
- Pour mixture into Instant Pot and stir to incorporate/break up pasta.
- Add in the carrots and red peppers and place lid back onto Instant Pot to allow to "rest" for about 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in the green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy! *You can also drizzle siracha sauce on top if you want to add an extra kick
Are you on Instagram?? Come connect with me HERE and be sure to use #thecookinchicks so I can see what you’re cooking!!