Instant Pot Taco Soup is hearty, packed with flavor, and ready to serve in 25 minutes! Add toppings of your choice to make it your own!
I don’t know about you, but come Fall/Winter….I love serving soups for dinner. Nothing warms you up and with so many varieties, you can change it up!
Now, my poor hubby has never been a huge soup fan, so I tried to incorporate a little bit of everything, but over the years, his tastes are slowly changing and he is actually enjoying the soups! Phew!
If you browse my blog, you’ll find soups made in the slow cooker, Instant Pot, or stovetop. I don’t have too many Instant Pot versions yet, but I am slowly growing my collection due to how simple and flavorful the Instant Pot makes food. I love one pot meals and the Instant Pot is just that!
Last week, I made this for dinner in the afternoon because I had my older sons football game to attend. I made it early and my family was able to scoop theirs out into bowls when they were home and hungry. It was an “eat and go” type of dinner night and this was perfect!
I served this with fresh tortillas and some cut up fruit, but you could also serve this with a side salad, Mexican rice, or on its own!
This comes together in no time and is packed with flavor! Make it your own by adding toppings of your choosing. Maybe some diced avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, etc.
My family of 5 was able to eat this for about 2 evenings, so it makes plenty! This soup freezes perfectly, so you can even save the leftovers for a later date!
Enjoy this Instant Pot Taco Soup!
Instant Pot: https://amzn.to/2NwsLmX
Instant Pot Non Stick Liner: https://amzn.to/2pWfwng
Set of Soup Bowls: https://amzn.to/31QmjMn
Instant Pot Taco Soup
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 4 tbsp taco seasoning *see homemade recipe below
- 2 cups corn
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can chili beans, drained
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 diced onion
- In your Instant Pot, turn the saute function on and add in the ground beef and garlic.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, then add in the onion and cook another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the taco seasoning to coat the meat entirely.
- Add in the tomatoes, jalapeno, corn, chili beans, and black beans. Stir.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and stir to fully incorporate.
- Turn off saute function and place Instant Pot lid securely on top with the valve in sealing position.
- Set to manual, high pressure for 12 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Once pin has dropped, remove the lid and stir.
- Serve in bowls with toppings of choice. Enjoy!
Homemade Taco Seasoning: https://thecookinchicks.com/taco-seasoning/