Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Casserole comes together in no time and is packed with flavor! Layers of beef, sauce, cheese, and corn tortillas combine into a Tex-Mex dish the whole family will love!
I am quite excited about this recipe! In fact, I had to talk myself out of jumping onto the computer late last night to get this posted. THAT’S how excited I am!
Anyhow, after making the lasagna and having it become such a hit, I began thinking of more ways to use my springform pan. No one likes a pan sitting around in a cupboard and there are only so many lasagnas and cheesecakes I can make, right?!
Well, this enchilada casserole came about in no time and the entire family, kids included, went nuts over it!
Last night, my son had football practice, it was rainy, and my other kiddos were busy with homework. It was one of those cozy, yet busy nights and I knew it was a perfect Instant Pot night. In fact, I doubled up and had this Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Casserole in one pot and my Mexican Rice in the other! Two Instant Pots!
I layered corn tortillas, seasoned beef, cheese, and enchilada sauce into my Springform pan and crossed my fingers. After the cook time was complete, the smell from the pressure release was Heavenly.
I sprinkled some extra cheese on top and once melted, served! I served ours with chopped cilantro and sour cream on top, but you could also add chopped tomatoes, avocados, jalapenos, or any other topping desired.
This was flavorful, perfectly tender, and was perfect for dinner! This fed my family of 5 and even had enough for a lunch portion for the hubby today!
7 inch Springform pan: https://amzn.to/2QrHbcm
Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or 2 tablespoon homemade seasoning, see recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
- 9 corn tortillas, cut into halves
- In a pan, cook beef until no longer pink.
- Drain grease and season with taco seasoning.
- Spray springform pan with cooking spray.
- Using 6 halves (3 full tortillas), layer on the bottom of your springform pan. *overlapping is okay
- Spread 1/2 the beef evenly over the tortilla layer, followed by 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add another layer of tortillas (3 full tortillas cut in half).
- Continue pattern and spread remaining beef on top of tortillas followed by 1/2 cup sauce and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Place last layer of tortillas on top followed by remaining 1/2 cup sauce. *Do not put cheese on yet
- Spray a piece of tin foil with cooking spray and lightly cover the pan with foil *sprayed side down onto food to prevent sticking
- Pour 1 cup water into bottom of Instant Pot liner.
- Place metal trivet into Instant Pot (the trivet came with your Instant Pot).
- Carefully lower the springform pan onto the trivet and place Instant Pot lid securely on top.
- Ensure valve is in sealed position and cook on manual, high pressure, for 10 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Once pin has dropped, carefully reach in and remove foil from pan.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese evenly on top and place Instant Pot lid back on top for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove pan from Instant Pot using pot holders and place on serving tray.
- Slice and serve with toppings of choice! Enjoy!
Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe: https://thecookinchicks.com/taco-seasoning/