Packed with flavor and simple to prepare, you’ll never make rice any other way! Ready to enjoy in under 15 minutes, add this tasty side dish to any meal!
A few weeks ago, I shared an Instant Pot Mexican rice recipe that many of you have now tried and loved! Since I love trying new varieties of recipes, I decided to play around with some ingredients and change it up.
This version is just as yummy, yes….equal, haha, so be sure to try both and see which one your family prefers!
I simply tossed the ingredients into my Instant Pot and set the timer. Once ready, I removed the lid, fluffed the rice, and served!
Not only was the flavor incredible, but its was perfectly moist (not dry like some recipes can get), just the right amount of seasoning, and made a great side dish to our taco dinner!! You can change it up if desired and add some corn or beans into it to dress it up even more.
My family loves Cotija cheese, so we crumbled some on top of ours prior to enjoying! I highly recommend doing that, but only if you like Cotija cheese as it has a distinct “love it or hate it” type of flavor!
I have a family of five and this recipe makes enough for one dinner. If you have a bigger family or want leftovers, I recommend doubling the recipe (cook time should stay the same).
Be sure to try both this recipe and the one linked above! I’d love to know which one you prefer!! I’m on Instagram, so come follow me and use the hashtag #thecookinchicks in your food pictures!
*Big news!! You won’t want to miss out on my next free giveaway! An Instant Pot! Exclusive to my newsletter subscribers only, so be sure to sign up with your email below!
Instant Pot: https://amzn.to/2EbjImw
Non Stick Inner Pot: https://amzn.to/2VjhRmE
BEST EVER Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and add in the oil.
- Once screen reads HOT, add in the rice and cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until a few pieces turn golden brown.
- Add in the garlic and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and water.
- Turn off sauté mode and place lid securely on top. *Ensure valve is in sealing position
- Select manual, LOW pressure for 12 minutes. Once timer goes off, allow a natural pressure release for 5 minutes before doing a quick release.
- Once all pressure has released and pin drops, open lid and fluff rice with a fork.