These Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls are packed with flavor and simple to make! All your favorite toppings can be added to this bowl to make it your own!
Do you have an Instant Pot? Well, if not, I highly recommend getting one! So many great recipes to try and all can be ready in no time! Plus, I swear it adds way more flavor due to pressure cooking it!
Check out these other Instant Pot favorites:
A while back, I posted an Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl recipe. Big hit and a family favorite! Fast forward to now and I now have a burrito version. Basically the same thing, but a few added/eliminated ingredients adding a variety to the original.
Tacos and burritos are two completely different things, so these recipes have enough changes to them where you could make both in a week and feel like its something different and new!
The thing I like most about these burrito bowls are the variety. My kids don’t like a lot of toppings, so they simply omit their dislikes. They LOVE avocado, so they add double. Both my hubby and I prefer a loaded burrito, so we go crazy on our bowls. Everyone ends up happy because they can create their favorite version!
Since this is an all in one meal, within minutes, I can have dinner on the table and cleanup simple using only one pot….which is also dishwasher safe! I use a non stick Instant Pot liner and I swear by it. Nothing sticks anymore, which is great for those recipes where the “burn” notice appears!! Check the link out for that in the recipe card below!
Family approved, budget friendly, and a great meal option when pressed for time! Serve when having company over as it makes plenty and is very versatile!
Another great option is to freeze the leftovers and pull out when needed! That way, you can enjoy the meal now…but also enjoy it at a later date!
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls come together in no time using an Instant Pot! Add your favorite toppings and make it your own! Be sure to print the recipe below to give it a try!
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning (see recipe below)
- 15 oz corn, drained
- 15 oz black beans, drained/rinsed
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 cups long grain rice
- Toppings of choice: sour cream, salsa, lettuce, tomato, avocado, jalapeno, etc
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken broth on bottom of Instant Pot.
- Place chicken breasts on bottom of Instant Pot and sprinkle seasoning evenly.
- Pour the corn, beans, and Rotel on top of chicken.
- Add in the green peppers and red peppers.
- Add in the rice, followed by remaining 1 1/2 cups chicken broth.
- *Make sure rice is submerged in liquid as to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and move valve to sealing position.
- Cook manual, high pressure for 10 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Once complete, move pin to allow excess pressure to leave and pin to drop.
- Open lid and use two forks to shred the chicken. *You may want to remove chicken to a plate to do this step and then return chicken to Instant Pot.
- Scoop into bowls and add desired toppings onto each bowl. Enjoy!