These Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls are packed with flavor and simple to make! All your favorite toppings can be added to this bowl to make it your own!
A while back, I posted my Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl recipe. Big hit and a family favorite! Fast forward to now and I now have a burrito version. Basically the same thing, but a few added/eliminated ingredients adding a variety to the original.
Tacos and burritos are two different things, so these recipes have enough changes to them where you could make both in a week and feel like its something different!
The thing I like most about these burrito bowls are the variety. My kids don’t like a lot of toppings, so they simply omit their dislikes. They LOVE avocado, so they add double. Both my hubby and I prefer a loaded burrito, so we go crazy on our bowls.
Since this is an all in one meal, within minutes, I can have dinner on the table and cleanup is only one pot….which is dishwasher safe so its a win! I use a non stick Instant Pot liner and I swear by it. Nothing sticks anymore, which is great for those recipes where the “burn” notice appears!!
Family approved, budget friendly, and a great meal option when pressed for time! Serve when having company over as it makes plenty and is very versatile!
Products used in this recipe:
Instant Pot: https://amzn.to/2YkrfHW
Non Stick Instant Pot liner: https://amzn.to/2K6e4VE
Herb cutting scissors: https://amzn.to/2JP7hRC
Avocado tool: https://amzn.to/2LDPuPi
Enjoy the Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls and let me know what you think! Don’t forget to scroll below and add your email address to my mailing list. You’ll receive my latest recipes via email so you never miss out!
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning (see recipe below)
- 15 oz corn, drained
- 15 oz black beans, drained/rinsed
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 cups long grain rice
- Toppings of choice: sour cream, salsa, lettuce, tomato, avocado, jalapeno, etc
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken broth on bottom of Instant Pot.
- Place chicken breasts on bottom of Instant Pot and sprinkle seasoning evenly.
- Pour the corn, beans, and Rotel on top of chicken.
- Add in the green peppers and red peppers.
- Add in the rice, followed by remaining 1 1/2 cups chicken broth.
- *Make sure rice is submerged in liquid as to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and move valve to sealing position.
- Cook manual, high pressure for 10 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Once complete, move pin to allow excess pressure to leave and pin to drop.
- Open lid and use two forks to shred the chicken. *You may want to remove chicken to a plate to do this step and then return chicken to Instant Pot.
- Scoop into bowls and add desired toppings onto each bowl. Enjoy!