This Creamy Cajun Sausage Pasta is packed with flavor and comes together using only 5 ingredients! Simple, quick, and a favorite with everyone!
I don’t know about you all, but I love Cajun food. Now, I wasn’t raised in the South, so my version of Cajun versus someone else’s could be completely different, but we’ll disregard that part, hehe!
One of my favorite Cajun dishes to make is pasta. So many different varieties, you can spice it up or keep it mild, and it can include chicken and/or sausage.
Last night, I decided to make a simple version since I had some thawed sausage on hand. Using only 5 ingredients, I had the pasta ready to go in under 20 minutes!
My kids typically aren’t spicy fans, but they do tolerate mild heat, so they LOVED this.
I used a seasoning called SoLa Seasoning. It is definitely one of my favorites due to the flavor is has! Some Cajun seasonings can be too hot, but this one allows you to control how much heat you want. Plus, its reduced sodium, so the salt content doesn’t end up too much! Whichever Cajun seasoning you use though, this pasta is flavorful, simple to prep, and a great dinner option for busy evenings!
Hope you enjoy this Creamy Cajun Sausage Pasta, be sure to let me know what you think if you try it! Come connect with me on Instagram HERE too!!
Here are my other Cajun dishes to check out if you’re interested: https://thecookinchicks.com/tag/cajun/
Cajun Seasoning options: https://amzn.to/2Cb0IY7
Creamy Cajun Sausage Pasta
- 14 oz smoked sausage, cut into small slices *I use jalapeno cheddar sausage
- 12 oz pasta *I use Rotini
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain water and put aside.
- In a medium skillet, add the sausage slices over medium heat and allow to sauté about 5-8 minutes, or until golden brown in color.
- Pour in the heavy cream and Cajun seasoning and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for about 4 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken slightly.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Add in cooked pasta and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy!