Taco Stuffed Peppers are an easy and delicious twist on tacos that will make your taste buds rejoice! The perfect weeknight meal for those busy nights!
Oh boy! Just thinking about this recipe is putting me in the mood to make these all over again!! These were probably one of the best dinners I have made, and one of the easiest.
Each weekend, my family attends church on Saturday evenings. It works great for our weekend schedule and always is a fun family outing in the evening. Since service starts at 6pm, I try to feed the family before leaving.
After searching through my fridge and pantry, I settled on making tacos before church. However, once I started the dinner, I realized I had no tortillas!! How can you have a taco with no tortillas, right?!?! Yes, I could always use lettuce or something similar, but my kids would definitely not be calling those tacos, haha!
I had purchased several peppers earlier in the week since they were on sale and we LOVE peppers with anything and everything!! Deciding to stuff the peppers with taco meat and substitute the tortillas, I went the stuffed pepper route versus normal tacos. Healthier, right?!?!
Bell peppers stuffed with beef taco filling, beans and cheese and baked until tender. Top with your favorite toppings for the perfect low carb taco meal!
Not only were these a favorite with my hubby and I, but my 3 kiddos enjoyed these as well. Yes, my pickiest child ended up eating the taco meat and skipping the pepper part, but hey, at least the taco meat was a hit, right??
Next time you are meal planning, needing a dinner idea, having people over, etc…..I highly recommend whipping these up. You can even make these ahead of time and pop them in the fridge!! Top it with toppings of choice (guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, etc.)!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you try these out!
Ingredients Needed for these stuffed peppers:
Medium bell peppers, any color
Ground beef or turkey
Black beans, rinsed and drained
Brown rice, cooked
Taco seasoning or 1 packet
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Toppings of choice….sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, salsa, etc.
Does your family love tacos? If I were to ask each and every family member what their favorite dinner was, they would all probably say tacos.
So many varieties available, therefore, you can always change up from classic tacos. We have made shrimp tacos, meatless tacos, chicken, pork, beef, and more! In fact, I have even made taco tater tot casseroles, taco bakes, taco shells, and more!
Check out these other great taco recipes:
Add your favorite toppings to each and every one of these meal options and have fun with it! Maybe some shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, or sour cream?!
Low carb and packed with flavor…these Taco Stuffed Peppers are family approved and perfect to enjoy any night of the week! Print the recipe below and be sure to give them a try!
Taco Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell peppers *medium, any color
- 1 lb ground beef *or turkey
- 1 can black beans *drained/rinsed
- 1 cup brown rice *cooked
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese *shredded
- toppings of choice
- Cut off the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Place all peppers upright in a baking dish and place in preheated oven, 350, for 20 minutes.
- While peppers are in oven, add ground beef/turkey to a large skillet.
- Brown meat over medium/high heat and add in taco seasoning.
- Once meat is cooked through, drain fat.
- Mix in the black beans, rice, and corn.
- Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salsa and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once peppers are done roasting, remove from oven.
- Using a spoon, scoop the meat mixture into the center of each pepper until filled.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese on top of peppers.
- Place pan back into oven for additional 15 minutes.
- Remove and place toppings of choice on top. Enjoy!!
Recipe updated 10/20/21