If you love Tex Mex, this Taco Lasagna is for you! Layers of tortillas, seasoned beef, cheese, pico de gallo, and salsa in one tasty dish!
Last week, I was trying to come up with something tasty to try for dinner. I originally planned on making tacos, but then also wanted to make something similiar to the Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Casserole my family loves!
Opting to combine the two ideas into one new dish, this Taco Lasagna came about and was a HUGE hit!
By simply cutting some tortillas in half, cooking seasoned beef, sprinkling cheese, and more…this was ready to pop into the oven in less than 10 minutes!
If you like things a bit more saucy, you can add some salsa verde or enchilada sauce to each layer!
I chose to keep things a bit more simple only because I didnt have any sauces on hand! I did use some fresh Pico de Gallo I had on hand, and even added a bit of salsa to each layer!
When I was ready to serve this, we scooped some sour cream on top and dug in.
You can add your favorite toppings on top and have fun with this. Perhaps diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, avocado, onions, cilantro, olives, and more!
The best part about this dish is you can prep it ahead of time and place in the oven when ready to enjoy!
Budget friendly, family and kid approved, and ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes! What’s not to love about that, right?!
Be sure to let me know what you think of this in the comment section below!
Taco Seasoning: https://thecookinchicks.com/taco-seasoning/
- 1 lb ground beef *or turkey
- 1/2 cup onion *chopped
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 15 oz black beans *rinsed/drained
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup salsa *can use salsa verde/enchilada sauce if desired
- 3 cups Mexican cheese *shredded
- Slice 9 tortillas in half, so you have 18 halves and 4 whole tortillas.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan and place 6 of the halved tortillas around the bottom of the pan, and 1 full tortilla in the middle, so entire bottom is covered.
- Cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and stir in the taco seasoning and water.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until water has been absorbed.
- Stir in the black beans.
- Remove mixture from heat and place half the beef on top of the bottom tortillas.
- Sprinkle half the Pico de Gallo, salsa, and 1 cup cheese on top of beef.
- Create another layer of tortillas as directed for first layer.
- Add remaining beef, Pico de Gallo, and salsa on top.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top.
- Add final layer of tortillas, followed by remaining cheese.
- Place pan into preheated oven, 350 degrees.
- Allow to cook for about 20 minutes!
- Remove from oven and serve with desired toppings!