This cheesy Taco Bake comes together in no time and is a family favorite! Add your favorite toppings and have fun with it!
If your family enjoys Taco Night, then this dish is definitely a must try. It is quite similar to “Walking Tacos”, however, this is an all in one casserole dish, so a bit easier. My kids LOVED the cheesy layer on this and we all loved adding our favorite taco toppings. You can add salsa, sour cream, tomatoes, onions, avocado, jalapeno, etc.
The great thing about tacos is how many varieties there are. From fish, beef, chicken, and more…you can find it all! I love a good, classic taco…but I will admit, after awhile, I love changing things up and trying something new. From lasagna (below), to this bake, and even shells (also below), you can find something for everyone, whether they are a taco lover or not!
Are you into lots of toppings? I know I sure am! I love adding a variety of cheeses, avocados, tomatoes, sour cream, and more! I can do without black olives though, haha!
Do you love tacos as much as my family?? If so, check out these great taco recipes:
Taco Bake: Click below to print recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef of turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning or 3 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning (see recipe below)
- 2/3 cup water
- chili cheese fritos
- 1/2 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Toppings desired: salsa, sour cream, onion, tomato, avocado, etc
- Brown beef or turkey over medium high heat until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and add in the taco seasoning and water.
- Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and meat is thoroughly coated in seasoning.
- Layer chili cheese Fritos on the bottom of and 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Place seasoned meat on top of Fritos.
- In a saucepan, heat cheddar cheese soup and milk over low heat.
- Once warm, pour cheese mixture on top of meat.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over cheese and place pan in preheated oven, 350, for about 12-14 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and scoop desired amount onto plate. Top with favorite toppings!
Homemade taco seasoning recipe, click HERE