This cheesy taco bake comes together in no time and is a family favorite! Perfect for Taco night!
If your family enjoys Taco Night, then this bake is definitely a must try. It is quite similar to “Walking Tacos”, however, this is an all in one casserole dish, so a bit easier. My kids LOVED the cheesy layer on this and we all loved adding our favorite taco toppings. You can add salsa, sour cream, tomatoes, onions, avocado, jalapeno, etc.
- 1 lb ground beef of turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning or 3 tbsp homemade taco seasoning (see recipe below)
- 2/3 cup water
- chili cheese fritos
- 1/2 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Toppings desired: salsa, sour cream, onion, tomato, avocado, etc
- Brown beef or turkey over medium highh heat until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and add in the taco seasoning and water.
- Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and meat is thoroughly coated in seasoning.
- Layer chili cheese Fritos on the bottom of and 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Place seasoned meat on top of Fritos.
- In a saucepan, heat cheddar cheese soup and milk over low heat.
- Once warm, pour cheese mixture on top of meat.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over cheese and place pan in preheated oven, 350, for about 12-14 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and scoop desired amount onto plate. Top with favorite toppings!
Come connect to me on Instagram!! Click HERE!
Homemade taco seasoning recipe, click HERE