This dish is one that has been made in my family for YEARS!!! As a kid, I LOVED whenever my mom made this because I was able to have chips with dinner. Yes, the mind of a child, right?? As I got older, I not only realized how simple this was to make, but also, how many yummy toppings you could add to it. One batch serves tons of people, and since each person can customize their own, everyone is always happy! I served this for my daughter’s birthday party a few years back and it was definitely a hit. Whether you make this in a slow cooker, or in a pot over the stove, definitely try this!! With the Super bowl coming up, this would be a great meal to serve!!
- 3 lbs ground beef or turkey
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 2 cans (15.5 oz) Mexican chili beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- Frito Corn Chips
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Chopped lettuce, tomato, onion, salsa, sour cream, etc.
- Brown meat in pan over medium heat. Drain fat.
- Add in the chopped green pepper, taco sauce, Mexican chili beans, and chopped onion.
- Simmer on low for about 1 hour. *You can also add all ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on low until ready to serve.
- To assemble, layer corn chips on a plate. Top with meat mixture, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, salsa, sour cream, and any other topping desired.