This Mexican Street Corn Casserole has all the flavors of Mexican street corn, just off the cob! A one pan side dish that is sure to be a hit with everyone!
A few weeks ago, my hubby and I made Mexican Street Corn. We grilled the corn and it was fabulous. However, I got to thinking about the Fall/Winter season that is coming our way and wanted to try an “indoor” version of the corn, so my hubby wouldn’t have to stand outside in the cold to grill!!
This casserole uses two bags of frozen corn and let me tell you, it was just as yummy!!! The corn was full of flavor, had a slight creaminess to it, and made plenty for leftovers the next evening. My hubby grilled up some chicken kabobs to go with this and we had a delicious meal! *Check out the video tutorial too!
Try the grilled version for the warmer summer weather, and this casserole version in the Fall/Winter seasons. Perhaps make this as a side dish option at a picnic, gathering, or even for your next Taco Tuesday! The Cotija cheese in this adds incredible flavor and makes this one dish you don’t want to pass up on!
Now, you get to enjoy Mexican Street Corn Casserole all year long, YAY!!!
Mexican Street Corn Casserole
- 2 lb frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch chipotle pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- In a large pot, fill with water about halfway up.
- Bring water to a boil and add in the corn.
- Allow the corn to cook for about 3-4 minutes, this is basically just to thaw it out.
- Drain water and keep pot over low heat.
- Add in the chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, chipotle pepper, and mayonnaise.
- Once mixed thoroughly, pour corn mixture into a casserole dish.
- Cut up butter into a few small pieces and place on top of corn.
- Place casserole dish in a preheated oven, 400, and allow to cook until butter is completely melted (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove dish from oven and stir mixture to incorporate butter thoroughly.
- Add in the cilantro and cheese. Serve!!
Recipe adapted from: Simple and Satisfying