Cheesy Zucchini Bake is a flavorful veggie dish that is a great way to use up those extra zucchini’s from the garden or to add greens to any meal!
With zucchini season coming up, and my kids being obsessed with the yummy vegetable, I decided to throw this together with a pasta dish I made last week. The kids loved it, and my hubby and I even went back for seconds.
The Basil really enhanced the flavor and the garlic/cheese made this a new favorite veggie dish. Whether you serve this at a cookout, bring to a picnic, etc….this is one dish that everyone will love.
Fairly healthy, minus the cheese, you won’t have to feel guilty about going back for seconds, or even thirds!!
Check out these other great vegetable recipes:
Enjoy and be sure to let me know in the comment section below what you think if you give it a try!!
Ingredients Needed for this Cheesy Zucchini Bake:
2 medium zucchini, cut into half moon slices
2 yellow squash, cut into half moon slices
4 tbsp. fresh chopped Basil
2 tbsp. chopped green onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
How to prepare:
In a medium bowl- combine the zucchini, squash, Basil, green onion, garlic powder, 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and salt/pepper to taste.
Place- mixture into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
Bake- for 30 minutes in a preheated oven, 350.
Remove pan- from oven and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese on top.
Return pan- to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove- and serve!!
A flavorful way to add your greens to any meal! Cheesy, tender squash and zucchini slices combined with Basil and seasonings! Print the recipe below and give it a try!
Cheesy Zucchini Bake
- 2 zucchini *cut into half moon slices
- 2 squash *cut into half moon slices
- 4 tablespoon Basil *chopped
- 2 tablespoon green onion *sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese *shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan *shredded
- salt/pepper *to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, squash, Basil, green onion, garlic powder, 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Place mixture into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven, 350.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Return pan to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve!!
Recipe updated 11/3/21