These Chicken Stuffed Peppers make a delicious, low carb dinner that is packed with flavor and quick to the table! Family friendly and kid approved, you’ll definitely want to add these to your meal plan!
First, let me start out by saying that I have three kiddos under the age of 12 and they all approved of these. Impressive, right?! In fact, they cleared their plates with zero complaint! Even I wasn’t expecting that from them!
For the past few months, both my hubby and I have been trying to eat a bit healthier, workout more, and generally take care of ourselves. We hadn’t been bad in the past, but if it comes down to tacos or a salad….I always go for tacos of course!
A few nights ago, I had planned on making a quick batch of skillet fajitas, but as the day progressed, I realized I never took out meat, didn’t have onions, didn’t have tortillas, and basically, was missing everything but the peppers.
Having to quickly come up with plan B, I decided to take the already cooked, shredded chicken out of my freezer and make stuffed peppers. I added some seasoning, cream cheese, and made these a bit more kid friendly by cutting the peppers in half, versus stuffing an entire pepper.
After cooking for about 45 minutes, these were ready to enjoy and that we sure did. Not only were these incredibly flavorful, but simple to prep and quick to the table. I served ours with fresh fruit and rolls (there goes the low carb I guess, lol), but you could serve with rice (cauliflower to keep it healthy), salad, etc.
I used green peppers for these because that’s what I had on hand, but you could definitely use red or yellow!
Hope you all enjoy, but sure to let me know what you think!
Herb Scissors: https://amzn.to/33ztxpC
Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers (any color)
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x11 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cut each pepper in half and remove core/seeds.
- Set each cut pepper into the prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheese, jalapeno, seasonings, and salsa.
- Evenly distribute chicken mixture into each cut pepper.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top of chicken mixture.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and place in preheated oven to bake about 45 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately!