These Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls are a quick and easy “dump and start” meal! A one pot dinner that is both budget friendly and packed with flavor!
Are you an Instant Pot fan like me? I jumped into the Instant Pot world last year and haven’t looked back. In fact, I now own 2! So convenient, time saving, and I swear the food is way more flavorful!
Last week, I decided to make chicken tacos for dinner. I had planned on making my Cilantro Lime Chicken, however, when I went into the refrigerator…I realized I had no limes! Not even lime juice, ugh! Having to scratch that plan, I decided to make a variety of the recipe and make it an all in one meal. Why not toss the rice, beans, veggies, and chicken altogether and save on time, right?!
Love Instant Pot Meals?? Then you’ll love these other favorites:
Well, luckily for me, the end result was a hit! Even my three kiddos (typically picky eaters) loved this!
We each added our own toppings, making it fit to our tastes! My hubby and I had jalapenos on ours, my kids opted for an extra scoop of sour cream and salsa, etc. It was a great way to enjoy a quick and easy dinner! Even the leftovers reheated perfectly for lunch the next day!
Having a family of 5, being budget friendly is always great and this is just that! A one pot meal, adaptable to anyone’s preferences, and you can use ingredients on sale! If tomatoes are on sale, get a few and use them as toppings. Avocados, cheeses, peppers, etc.
Enjoy these Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls and be sure to let me know what you think! I love hearing feedback!
While you’re here, scroll below and join my mailing list! You’ll receive my latest recipes sent directly to your inbox so you never miss out!
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls come together in no time! Be sure to print the recipe below!
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning *see homemade recipe below
- 15 oz black beans, drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 1/4 cup long grain rice
- toppings of choice: avocado, cheese, sour cream, jalapeno, tomatoes
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken broth on bottom of Instant Pot.
- Place chicken breasts on top and sprinkle taco seasoning evenly on top.
- Add black beans, corn, salsa, and rice.
- Pour remaining 1 cup chicken broth evenly on top and use a spoon to ensure rice is into the liquid.
- Place lid securely on and ensure valve is in sealing position.
- Cook manual, high pressure for 8 minutes followed by a 12 minute natural pressure release.
- Once finished, move valve to vent remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and fluff rice with a fork.
- Remove chicken breasts from the Instant Pot and shred on a plate.
- Scoop the rice mixture into bowls, followed by desired amount of chicken and toppings of choosing.
- Serve and enjoy!