Grammy’s Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is simple to make and tastes like it took hours to cook! Made in the Instant Pot, this can be ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes!
Have you jumped on the Instant Pot train yet? If not, what are you waiting for?? I know the Instant Pot can be intimidating and if you’ve watched the show Breaking Bad, that sure didn’t help, right?! Haha! Well, let me tell you, once you try it once, you’ll fall in love and never look back!
Years ago, when everyone started raving about the Instant Pot, I will admit I was not only hesitant, but I looked at it like it would be another unused kitchen appliance in my cupboard. After months and months of refusing to give it a try, I caved and purchased one. Since then, I now own two and can’t imagine not having one. Seriously, life is SO much simper with it and I have an option on those nights I forgot to thaw the chicken!
The first thing I made using the Instant Pot was basic rice. I figured, if it turned out bad, I wasn’t out much since long grain rice is pretty cheap. Let me tell you, it was by far the best rice I have ever had, and I immediately got rid of my rice cooker.
My next trial, I made macaroni and cheese, and again, best cheesy pasta ever! My kids ask me to make it at least once a week and we have officially ditched the blue box! Powdered cheese is a thing of the past!
For Christmas, my hubby and I bought my mom an Instant Pot. She jumped right in and started trying recipes from my blog, Pinterest, and creating her own new ones! Both she and my dad are thoroughly enjoying it and this chicken chili is actually a recipe from her!
If you’re an Instant Pot fan like me, don’t miss these other great recipes:
Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Casserole
Mixed Berry Instant Pot Jam (no pectin required)
A few nights ago, she told me she was trying something new in her Instant Pot to try to use some on hand ingredients up from her pantry. After their dinner, she sent me the pictures below and said both she and my dad LOVED the chicken chili and it was a huge hit! They had enough to enjoy again for lunch the next day!
Grammy’s Instant Pot White Chicken Chili has tender chicken, beans, and veggies, in a creamy, seasoned broth!
Each batch serves about 4 and leftovers freeze or reheat perfectly! Previously, I had made chicken chili in the slow cooker, but since my mom shared this….I haven’t looked back! Chili can now be ready to devour in 30 minutes versus the several hours it took before! Can’t beat that!
With Fall/Winter weather here, warm up with a bowl of this tasty White Chicken Chili! Comfort food at its finest! Add your favorite toppings to this and make it your own! We love adding fresh avocado, tomatoes, sour cream, and some cheese. You can even add some tortilla chips for an added crunch!
Hearty, flavorful White Chicken Chili made conveniently in the Instant Pot! Be sure to print the recipe below to give it a try!
Grammy's Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
- 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed/drained
- 15 oz can of white beans, rinshed/drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 15 oz can of corn (do not drain)
- 10 oz can of Rotel (do not drain)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 packet dry Ranch mix
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- toppings of choice: avocado, tomatoes, sour cream, tortilla chips
- Place the chicken breasts, drained black/white beans, onion, corn, tomatoes, and chicken broth into your Instant Pot.
- Add Cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, and Ranch. Stir to incorporate.
- Cut cream cheese into chunks and place over the chicken.
- Place lid securely on Instant Pot and ensure valve is in sealing position.
- Cook on high, manual pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once done, allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, followed by a quick release.
- Once pressure has released and pin has dropped, open lid and shred chicken.
- Stir everything together before serving.
- Serve with desired toppings!
Leave a Reply