Creamy White Chicken Chili is hearty, comfort food at its finest! Made conveniently in the crockpot, this chili is simple, flavorful, and a family favorite!
Being in Houston, we don’t have much of a winter. In fact, this year, it consisted of about one cold weekend only. Sad, but true! It literally got cold enough to freeze my new plants, kill them off, and warm back up again, haha!!
Since I grew up in Chicago however, I love the seasons changing. I love cold weather where sweaters come out, I love Spring flowers, warm Summer days, and trees changing in the Fall.
Although Houston doesn’t have 4 seasons, a girl can pretend, right? Right!
Last week, I pulled out my slow cooker, put the ingredients in for this tasty chili, and we all pretended it was cold outside (by lowering the A/C temp, lol)!!
If you love a good crockpot meal, also make sure you check these favorites out:
Melt in Your Mouth Slow Cooker Chicken
This chicken chili was incredibly simple to make, flavorful, and each of us were able to add our desired toppings to it to change it up!! I served ours with some sour cream, jalapeno slices, and extra cheddar cheese on top!
To pair with the chili, I had planned on making cornbread muffins, but didn’t have enough time, so opted for some warmed up tortillas!
My kids love to dip their tortillas into the chili and eat the two together in one bite! You could also serve crusty bread or a side salad with this chili!
Whether you make this on a chilly evening, or in the cool A/C of a hot day, it will be a hit with all!!
Creamy White Chicken Chili is a flavor packed, hearty chili made conveniently in the crockpot! Print the recipe below and be sure to give this a try!
Creamy White Chicken Chili
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 30 oz great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz diced green chiles
- 15 oz Mexicorn, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- toppings of choice: avocado, tortilla chips, sour cream, tomatoes, etc
- In the bottom of your slow cooker, place chicken.
- Add in the onion, garlic, chicken broth, beans, corn, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for about 6-8 hours, or high for about 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Return it to slow cooker.
- Add in the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream.
- Allow to cook an additional 30 minutes, stirring well to incorporate.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Recipe updated 10/19/21