Don’t you just love a meal that is quick, easy, and made in the slow cooker? One of my favorite kitchen appliances to use in the summer, is my slow cooker. I don’t have to heat my house or use up any of my day making dinner. I can spend the day in the pool, come home, and have dinner on the table in no time! Last week, after a full day in the sun, the kids and I came back home and I served this for dinner. My oldest son asked for seconds! It was packed with flavor and made enough for us all to have it again for dinner the next night! Whether this be enjoyed as a summer meal, or on a cold evening in the Fall/winter, this is a must try!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 packet ranch dressing dry mix
- 2 (15.8 oz) cans Great Northern beans, drained
- 2 (4.5 oz) cans green chilies
- 1 (11 oz) white corn, drained
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Sour cream
- In the slow cooker, add the chicken broth, onion, garlic cloves, oregano, cumin, bouillon cubes, and dry ranch dressing mix.
- Place chicken breasts into liquid mixture and cover slow cooker with lid.
- Cook on low for about 7-8 hours, or high for about 4-5 hours.
- Using two forks, shred chicken.
- Add in the drained beans, chilies, corn, and salt/pepper.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and allow to cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Southern Bite