This BEST EVER Chicken and Rice Casserole is a one pan meal that is full of tender chicken and creamy rice, all baked together to perfection!
Last week, I was in one of those moods where I knew I had to make dinner, had the time to prepare dinner, but lacked motivation. I call it a “lazy moment”. I had thawed some already cooked chicken from my freezer, but didn’t know what I planned to do with it.
After taking a look through my pantry, browsing Pinterest (I can get lost on that site), and using some brainstorming….this casserole came about and I sure am glad it did!
I was able to have it prepped in under ten minutes. I simply tossed in the oven, roasted some veggies while it cooked, and once done….dinner was on the table!
The chicken was tender and flavorful, the rice was cooked perfectly, and when combined….it was a hearty comfort food dish the entire family enjoyed!
This makes a 9×13 baking pan, so plenty for leftovers….which are just as good reheated!
I highly recommend making this for company! It makes plenty and will be a hit with all! This is a great option to make for a family member/friend that needs dinner brought to them too!
Simply add some veggies or a salad to this and dinner is served! Let me know how this BEST EVER Chicken and Rice Casserole turns out! I love hearing feedback!
BEST EVER Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 3 cups cooked/shredded chicken *or diced cooked chicken
- 1 package Lipton Onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups long grain rice *uncooked
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked chicken, onion mix, cream of mushroom/chicken soup, milk, sour cream, water, rice, and salt/pepper.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour chicken/rice mixture into prepared pan.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Place pan in preheated oven and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve! Enjoy!