Our entire marriage, my hubby always said “I don’t like asparagus”. I never made it with any of our meals because of that. A few weeks ago however, our local produce stand opened up and we of course, had to go get stocked up. *If you have a local produce stand, be sure to shop there for local, fresh produce, I love the selection of ours and how fresh everything is.
While we were there, they had asparagus. Ooooooo it looked WAY too yummy to pass up, so I added it to the basket and said “sorry honey, you’ll have to learn to love it, hehe”. I decided to add some flavor to it, since my hubby and I love garlic and Parmesan. When I made this, I paired it with some grilled salmon for dinner. Lets just say, my hubby now retracts his “I don’t like asparagus” statement and is looking forward to the next time I make some. YEA!!!
Garlic and Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (I prefer grated, but shredded works too)
- salt/pepper to taste
- Line asparagus on bottom of baking pan.
- Pour olive oil evenly on top and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle garlic, Parmesan, salt, and pepper evenly on top of coated asparagus.
- Place pan in preheated oven, 425 degrees, and bake for about 15 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove from oven and serve! Enjoy!
|My five year old helped me put this together!!|