Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole is a one pan meal the entire family will love! Budget friendly and family approved, this is a flavor packed dish!
Last week, we had my parents in town AND my son’s baseball game. Since things were crazy busy, I decided to throw this casserole together in the morning and have it ready to go before baseball that evening.
Do you love casseroles? I sure do, but I think sometimes they get a bad rap. People think of them as something mom, or grandma used to make. But casseroles are back!
What is making them so popular again? People are busier than ever these days and are looking to save time when it comes to meal preparation. Casseroles are just the thing for that!
Check out these other great casserole options:
Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast Casserole
This dish took me about 10 minutes to put together, and fed my family, my parents, and still had enough leftover for two lunches the next day.
The kids loved this because of the cornflake “cereal” topping (their word choice, haha). It was very flavorful and it was an all in one casserole since it had veggies, rice, and chicken already in it.
This is definitely the perfect go to casserole on those busy evenings!!And to make the night even better, my son’s team won the game! See, this casserole is even good luck, haha!!
Chicken, cooked and shredded
Cream of chicken soup
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Corn flakes, crushed
Be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you try this casserole!
Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole is a one pan meal packed with flavor in every bite! Print the recipe below and be sure to give it a try!
Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole
- 2 cups chicken *cooked/shredded
- 2 cups broccoli *chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups rice *cooked, any type works
- 1 cup cheddar cheese *shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup cornflakes *crushed
- 2 tablespoon butter *melted
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Mix the chicken, broccoli, cream of chicken soup, cooked rice, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into greased baking pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle crushed corn flakes over mixture evenly.
- Drizzle melted butter over corn flakes.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, or until casserole is bubbly.
Recipe updated 10/5/21