Cheesy, flavorful potatoes that are cooked in tin foil, create an easy to clean up side dish!! Perfect for any BBQ or gathering, these potatoes are tender, and a favorite with everyone!
Living here in Houston, Texas, my family loves to grill. Not only does it help keep the house cool, but it cuts down on messes, as well as clean up duty!
Last week, my hubby grilled some steaks for dinner. Since nothing pairs better with steak than potatoes, I decided to create these foil packets and have him add them to the grill. My kiddos were big fan of the cheese in these, whereas I was a fan of the onion especially. All the flavors created a perfect side dish and dinner was fabulous!
Clean up is a breeze since all you have to do is package up the leftovers, if there are any, and simply toss the tin foil into the garbage! Score!!
From my family to yours, hope you enjoy!!
Grilled Cheesy Garlic Potatoes
- 6 baking potatoes, cubed
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 tbsp butter, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat grill on high.
- Toss the potatoes with the onion, butter, olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Spray a large piece of tin foil with cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Add potato mixture to center of tin foil and seal all sides to create a packet.
- Place tin foil packet on pre-heated grill and cook for about 10 minutes before flipping to other side and cooking another 10 minutes.
- Carefully open the packet and sprinkle in both types of cheese.
- Reseal tin foil packet and allow to cook for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove packet from grill and carefully open to serve!!