When it comes to potatoes, I typically am pretty boring. I love the idea of trying new versions, however, rarely have the time to make them. I usually just stick to mashed or loaded and call it good. When I came across this recipe from Mama Plus One, I was instantly intrigued. Not only did the potatoes look amazing, but it really did not look too hard. I had grabbed a bag from the store and knew I had to try them.
My husband grilled us some steaks and cheesy stuffed jalapenos while I had these cooking. The house smelled amazing and dinner was a success! The kids even went crazy over the potatoes. I think it must be due to the bacon…..bacon makes everything better, right??
Mississippi Mud Potatoes
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- In a 9 x 13 baking pan, combine the potatoes, cheese, bacon, garlic, and onion.
- Add in the mayonnaise and stir until coated.
- Place pan in preheated oven, 325 degrees, and bake for about 1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and serve!