Easy to make no bake Frozen Chocolate Mudslide Pie is the best summer dessert ever made! Packed with flavor and quite refreshing, this will satisfy any sweet tooth craving!
Oh yes, this pie is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! Seriously, loaded with a rich, chocolate flavor and incredibly simple to whip up! Your guests will think you spent tons of effort in the kitchen making this, but we’ll just keep that our little secret, hehe!
I made this a few weeks back for my family to enjoy over the weekend and it was a big hit! The slight hint of coffee was one of my favorite parts of this because let’s be real, I am a coffee kinda gal! If I can put coffee and dessert together, I am good to go!!
Are you a sweet treat lover? Me too! Check out these other great desserts too:
Next time you want a sweet treat, I highly recommend trying this!! Perfect for an evening, a gathering, or bringing to a potluck!!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comment section below if you give this a try!
Chocolate pie crust (you can make your own if desired, I just choose to take shortcuts, hehe)
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Instant coffee granules
Heavy whipping cream
Mini chocolate chips (semi sweet)
Using a shortcut, pre-made pie crust, this pie is assembled and ready to chill in less than 15 minutes! Pretty impressive, right?! Plus, you can prepare this ahead of time and simply keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
Frozen Chocolate Mudslide Pie doesn’t have any alcohol in it and is made with just a few simple ingredients. A tasty dessert the entire family can enjoy! Print the recipe below and be sure to give it a try!
Frozen Chocolate Mudslide Pie
- 1 pre-made chocolate pie crust
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low-medium heat.
- When chocolate starts to melt, remove from heat and continuously stir until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside and allow chocolate to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the water and coffee. Allow to sit for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla to the coffee mixture and stir until all is combined.
- Stir in melted chocolate. Mix well.
- Spread mixture into prepared chocolate pie crust.
- Place pie into refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, combine the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
- Beat mixture with a handheld electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Remove pie from refrigerator and spread the cream mixture over the bottom layer making sure to smooth evenly.