Yesterday, we all decided to head up to my parents house for a BBQ. We enjoyed turkey burgers, chips with guacamole, and had a relaxing day. I decided I wanted to bring a yummy dessert to share, so I started hunting around trying to find something new. I came across this pie recipe in an old “Taste of Home” magazine I had. I decided, this was just the thing to try and boy am I glad I did. This pie was simple to make, so light and refreshing tasting, and an overall hit with everyone. After a few adjustments to the recipe, it is now a new favorite pie to make. I definitely cannot wait to bring it to more BBQ’s, picnics, and more in the near future!
Strawberry White Chocolate Pie
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 cups cool whip
- 1 lb strawberries
- 5 tbsp white chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, place 1/2 cup white chocolate chips inside and microwave until melted. Go in 30 second increments as to avoid burning.
- Once melted, set aside to cool a bit.
- In a stand mixing bowl, stir the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, orange juice, and melted white chocolate.
- Add in the cool whip and continue blending until smooth.
- Pour mixture into graham cracker crust.
- Next, slice tops off of strawberries and slice into desired size. Starting with the outside of pie, gently lay strawberries on top working your way to the middle.
- Once completed, melt 5 tbsp white chocolate chips in bowl and drizzle on top of pie.
- Refrigerate at least one hour!