This no fail, simple cornbread casserole comes together using only 7 ingredients! It is versatile and bakes up into a savory side dish that compliments any meal!
My family LOVES a good cornbread! If you type cornbread into the search bar of my blog, I guarantee several varieties will come up, all tasty. After years and years of trying new versions, we finally agreed on my Knock Your Socks Off Cornbread as the family favorite. Its a sweet, almost cake like, cornbread that we all enjoy.
Last week however, I decided to try to make a cornbread casserole. One that incorporated less sweet, and more corn into it. My hubby wasn’t too sure of the idea because we had already found a favorite, why change it up now.
Well, I had this ready to go in no time using a boxed mix of Jiffy. It wasn’t really cornbread as it was casserole. It was a scoop onto your plate type of dish, rather than a cut a piece. Make sense?
The end result had us all happily enjoying our portions. The creamy corn, slight sweetness, and cornbread combined into a casserole that really complimented the chili I had made.
This would be a great side dish option to serve at potlucks or get togethers because of how simple it is! Plus, its easy to scoop and go, rather than cutting pieces.
Hope you enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think if you try it! To change things up, you can kick up the heat and add some diced jalapenos or green Chile peppers! Yum!
*Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below! Simply add your email address and you’re set! I’ll send my latest recipes directly to your inbox, so you never miss any! Plus, I hold monthly prize giveaways for my subscribers only! Coming up, an Instant Pot! Free! Who wouldn’t want that, right?!
Simple Cornbread Casserole
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Pour melted butter into prepared pan.
- Add both the corn and cream style corn into the pan.
- Add in the eggs and sour cream, stir until all is mixed.
- Add 1 cup cheese and muffin mix.
- Stir until combined.
- Place into oven to bake about 40-45 minutes.
- Just before being fully baked, remove from oven and sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top. *This keeps the cheese from being baked too long and becoming a hard layer on top
- Place pan back into oven for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cooked through and cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and serve!