Oooooo I am SO excited to share this recipe with you. Why you ask?? Because it is a recipe YOU created. Yep, I took all the changes and variations you all suggested on my Parmesan Chicken Casserole, and created this recipe. I must confess, it may be even better than the original. The breadcrumbs on top really enhanced the flavor and my entire family loved it.
From start to finish, I had this on the table in 40 minutes!! I served ours over pasta, but if you prefer it over rice or by itself, no problem, it will be just as yummy!!
I love how this recipe has evolved. It started out by my mom making her melt in your mouth chicken, then I changed it up to the Parmesan chicken casserole, and now it has turned into this melt in your mouth chicken bake. Each and every variation is amazing, so you can’t go wrong!!
Melt In Your Mouth Chicken Bake
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless/diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan and place diced chicken on the bottom.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise (or yogurt), Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Spread mixture evenly on top of chicken.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of mayonnaise mixture.
- Place pan in preheated oven, 375 degrees, and bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove pan from oven and use a slotted spoon to serve chicken on top of pasta, rice, or by itself. Enjoy!