This Jalapeno Popper Chicken is packed with flavor and is a great, low carb way to enjoy Jalapeno Poppers! Perfect for summer grilling season!
Each year, when vegetable season comes around, I tell myself that I am going to garden and actually be good at it. I head to the store, buy starters, get them planted in the ground or pots, and away I go! Well, each year, within a few weeks, I realize that I do not have a green thumb. I either over water, don’t water enough, place them in areas with too much sun, not enough sun, etc. Needless to say, they don’t thrive.
This past Spring, I was at the store and saw jalapeno plants. These were quite large and already planted. How can I mess them up when they are already done for me, right? Well, I am proud to say….my jalapeno plant is thriving! Tons of jalapenos have come off of it, it is green still and not shriveled up and brown, etc. Yea!!
When I went outside last week to water, I noticed lots of jalapenos were ready to be picked off my plant. So, for dinner that night, I chopped up several jalapenos and made this yummy jalapeno popper chicken. My hubby grilled it and it was exciting having the family enjoy something that I was actually able to grow, hehe!!
If you love jalapenos, this chicken is a must try. Not too spicy, packed with flavor, and quite easy to prepare!!
Enjoy and don’t forget to check out the video tutorial above!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts *boneless/skinless
- 1/4 cup jalapenos *diced, seeds removed
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3 tablespoon green onions *chopped
- 4 garlic cloves *minced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese *shredded
- Preheat oven or grill to 425 degrees F.
- Grill chicken for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. If cooking in oven, cook in a baking dish for about 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the jalapenos, cream cheese, green onions, garlic, and cheddar cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly over cooked chicken and return back to grill or oven.
- Allow to cook an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese mixture is melted.
- Remove chicken from heat and serve!!
Recipe adapted from: Slender Kitchen