These Texas Twinkies are loaded with flavor! Cheese, brisket, and seasoning stuffed jalapenos, wrapped in bacon…what’s not to love?!?
You’re probably reading “Texas Twinkies” and wondering, what’s with the name, right?! Well, Texas Twinkies are actually the invention of a BBQ restaurant in McKinney, Texas called Hutchins BBQ. My hubby and I fell in love with their famous best seller item when we lived there years ago!
Now that we live in Houston, we couldn’t justify the four hour drive just to grab an order of them, so decided to make our own at home!
The first time my hubby made these, we all went crazy over them! However, we continued to change and tweak things each time we made them and now…they are pure perfection!
Our go to method includes using goat cheese AND cream cheese. If you’re not a fan of one of those cheeses, feel free to use all of whichever type you do enjoy!
As far as seaosonings go, we love to add a spicy kick and use Slap Ya Mama on these! However, you can use your favorite seasoning OR omit the seasoning altogether! So many ways to truly make these your own! You can even change up the type of bacon you use to play around with flavors, heat levels, and more!
After my hubby smokes a brisket, we like to take the extra meat and freeze it for later. We use the leftovers in quesadillas, tacos, on nachos, and now…we thaw it out and use it to stuff into these tasty “twinkies”.
Whether you serve these as an appetizer, side dish, or snack…everyone will go crazy over them!
Cook them on your smoker, grill, or even in your oven! So many ways to make these your own and all will turn out incredible!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know in the comment section below!
- 12 jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 lbs bacon
- 1 cup brisket *cooked/chopped or shredded
- 1 tablespoon seasoning of choice *Slap Ya Mama is what we used
- Preheat smoker / grill to 350 degrees F
- Pre-cook bacon for 5-7 minutes
- Mix cheeses and seasoning in a medium bowl
- Fold in cooked brisket
- Cut jalapenos in half along their length, de-seed and remove pith
- Fill each jalapeno half with cheese / brisket mixture
- Wrap each half with partially cooked bacon, 1 slice per half. Sprinkle additional seasoning on top if desired.
- Add bacon wrapped poppers to grill/smoker, cook until bacon is crispy, about 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from grill/smoker and enjoy!