All the flavors you love in Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos are packed into this tasty casserole. By adding chicken, you create a full meal that is family friendly, budget friendly, and a new favorite!
Last week, I made this casserole as the meal I offered to local families in my area. I ended up making over fifteen of these and the feedback I received was great! All the families said how much they enjoyed it, kids included, since it isn’t spicy! A few even popped theirs in the freezer for a few nights and had it later and said it froze great as well!
The great thing about this casserole is how simple it is. If you’re like me and keep cooked, shredded chicken on hand, you can have this ready to go in no time! I tossed everything together in the pan itself which made clean up a breeze!
The pasta combined with creaminess, cheese, chicken, and jalapenos made this identical to a stuffed jalapeno, in casserole form!
If you like some heat in your dishes, add a bit more jalapeno! Adapt it to fit your preferences and enjoy!
Whether you make this and freeze it, give it to a friend or family member, or make it for yourself….this is one meal you don’t want to pass up!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- 1 lb chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp canned jalapenos
- 16 oz bowtie pasta
- 2 cups moterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 jalapeno, diced and de-seeded
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, melt the cream cheese, water, and milk together in a pan over medium heat.
- Add in the cheeses and stir until melted.
- Add in the chicken, cooked pasta, and canned jalapenos.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle the diced jalapeno and bread crumbs evenly on top.
- Cover pan with foil and place in oven to bake 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!
*I sprinkled a bit of my favorite seasoning on top, you’ll find it here…. https://amzn.to/2NYAh9w