This Chicken Teriyaki Casserole is a full meal in one pan! Vegetables, rice, and shredded chicken with an incredible sauce to make any mouth water!
Don’t you just love one pan meals? How about casseroles? I know I sure do! Well, this Chicken Teriyaki Casserole is just that!
A few days ago, my family had a crazy busy night! One kid in golf, the other with tons of homework, and my son had football. Needless to say, time was not on our side and I knew I needed to keep dinner simple and quick!
Luckily, I had all the ingredients to make this one pan meal and opted to go that route! I have made this for my family several times over the years and its always a favorite, even with my kids!
A quick tip, keep a bag of cooked/shredded chicken in your freezer. Then, you can pull it out and use it for quick meal options! I usually double the amount of chicken needed in a recipe and put half in the freezer! Nights where I make meals like this one, I pull it out and am set!
In this casserole, I like to use stir fry vegetables. You can find them in the frozen (or fresh) area of your grocery store. If you aren’t a fan of that variation, feel free to use your favorites!
Another option is to use brown rice in lieu of the white rice I used! Even Quinoa works!
So many options and ways to make this your own, right?!
Be sure to keep me posted if you try this Chicken Teriyaki Casserole! I’d love to hear what you think!
Also, come connect with me on Instagram! Lots of fun happening over there like giveaways, recipes, tips, and humor!
9×13 Baking Pan: https://amzn.to/2Is3HOQ
Chicken Teriyaki Casserole
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked/shredded
- 12 oz frozen vegetables (cooked) *stir fry veggies or veggies of choice
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic.
- Over medium heat, cover and bring mixture to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine the 2 tablespoon water and cornstarch together in a small bowl.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into boiling soy sauce mixture and stir until sauce thickens up.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add shredded chicken, cooked vegetables, and cooked rice to your prepared pan.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour teriyaki mixture evenly on top of pan and stir to coat entirely.
- Place pan into preheated oven and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve! *You can add a splash of soy sauce prior to serving if desired
Recipe adapted from: Life in the Lofthouse