This Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti comes together in no time and makes a great side dish! Add in some chicken or shrimp and make it a tasty meal option!
Don’t you just love a quick side dish? I know I sure do! Especially when I am focused on the main dish and want something simple and easy to add as a side.
A few days ago, my hubby was grilling some cod up for dinner and to be honest, I gave no thought to the side dishes we’d serve with it.
As he was preparing the fish, he asked me if I wanted him to grill anything to go with it and that is when it hit me. I had completely spaced on the rest of dinner!
I quickly found some veggies to throw in a cast iron on the grill, but knew my kids would want some sort of pasta/rice to accompany the fish.
After finding some fresh garlic on hand, I opted to go the simple route and make this Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti.
To be honest, this side dish has been a go to in my family for years, but I just now realized I never blogged it.
If you want to make this a complete meal, you can add in some diced chicken or shrimp, cooked veggies, etc.
If you aren’t a fan of Parmesan, you can use Feta crumbles in here!
You can also change what type of pasta is used. If you don’t have spaghetti on hand, feel free to use rotini, shells, etc.
So many options, but all will end with a simple, yet scrumptious side dish that everyone will enjoy!
While you’re here, don’t forget to check out my other side dish options HERE! So many choices from veggies, to pasta dishes, and more!
Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti
- 8 oz pasta
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic *sliced or minced, fresh is best
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- Boil water in a medium saucepan and cook pasta according to directions.
- As pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and allow to saute slightly.
- Add in the salt/pepper and stir to incorporate.
- Drain pasta and reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta to the butter/garlic mixture and toss to coat.
- Slowly add in some of the reserved pasta water until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat and add in the Parmesan cheese and Parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!