Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic American dish! Egg noodles combined with canned tuna in a creamy sauce leaves everyone satisfied. Adding in some peas creates an all in one dish that is budget friendly, family friendly, and the perfect “comfort food”!
Last week, I made this casserole for about six other families and it was a huge hit! The creamy, flavorful sauce, combined with the egg noodles, peas, and canned tuna created a dinner that even my kids enjoyed. My daughter, who HATES peas, even ate this without picking them out or noticing they were even in there. I call that a win in itself, lol!
Not only did we get to enjoy this for dinner, but we had plenty of leftovers to enjoy again the next night!
Best part of all was how budget friendly it was! The entire casserole only cost about $6 to make since I found a few of the ingredients on sale!
Whether making for your family to enjoy, preparing for a family or friend, or freezing for later, this is a tasty dish that you’ll definitely want to add to your meal rotation!
BEST EVER Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 10 1/2 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 6 oz albacore tuna, drained
- 8 oz egg noodles, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt/pepper, to taste
- bread crumbs, optional
- 1 cup peas (I used canned, frozen works too)
- Fold in the tuna, egg noodles, cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, and milk.
- Add in the onion, celery, and peas.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle desired amount of bread crumbs on top.
- Place pan in preheated oven, 375, and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve! Enjoy!