This tasty Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole is a hearty dish loaded with flavor! Layers of pasta, a cheese mixture, and meat in every bite!
I don’t know about you, but every time I open up Pinterest, I almost always see a recipe on my newsfeed for Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole. After scrolling past it for about the 500th time, I decided to check it out and see what it called for. Since my family loves spaghetti, I love a good casserole, and I had seen it several times, I decided it was time to try it out.
Do you love casseroles? If so, check out these other favorites too:
I changed it this dish up a bit since I didn’t have a few ingredients on hand, however, the end result was FABULOUS! My parents had come over for dinner as well, so we had 4 adults and 3 children eating this up happily. The best part about it, all of us barely ate half this casserole. Meaning, LEFTOVERS and NO COOKING the next night! Double woo hoo!!! This also freezes perfectly, so you can freeze the leftovers for a later date if you don’t want to eat them two days in a row!
The cottage cheese layer really took this dish to a new level and the casserole was packed with flavor in every bite.
Simple to make, fed plenty, and quite inexpensive to prepare….I definitely call this a winner.
Ground turkey (or beef)
Cheddar cheese, shredded
If you try this, make sure you comment below and let me know what you think!!
Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole is one dish you don’t want to pass up! Be sure to print the recipe below and give it a try!
Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 32 oz spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb beef *or turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese *shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Boil noodles according to directions. Drain water and toss with some olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Cook the turkey/beef over medium heat in a skillet until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and season with garlic powder.
- Add in the spaghetti sauce and stir to incorporate the meat evenly. Simmer on low.
- In a medium bowl, use a mixer to combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese.
- To assemble, add half the pasta to the bottom of the baking pan.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of pasta.
- Layer the cream cheese mixture next.
- Top with remaining pasta, and end with the meat sauce.
- Bake in oven for about 35 minutes.
- Remove pan and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Place pan back into over for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!!
Recipe updated 9/28/21
Recipe adapted from: Joyful Momma’s Kitchen