Calling all pasta lovers! This is the dish for you! Ground Beef, egg noodles, seasonings, cheeses, and more all combined into a casserole that is packed with flavor, but easy to prep!
Being that I have three kids, casseroles are one of my favorite dinners to make. Tons of variety, usually flavorful (minus a few epic fails, haha), and the best part, they are kid friendly and usually provide leftovers for the next night or lunches!
About a week or so ago, I was rummaging through my freezer looking for dinner inspiration when I came across some ground beef. I seem to always make something with chicken for dinner, so I grabbed the beef for a change of pace and opted for this go-to casserole! My kids are big fans of this as I have made it a few times now (no clue why I am just not getting around to sharing it with you all….rude I know, lol).
Egg noodles seem to always be a kid friendly pasta choice, ground beef (aka hamburger in my house) is always a winner, and adding in sour cream, cottage cheese, tomato sauce, and more…..this is a creamy, comfort food dish at its finest.
I served ours with a salad and some garlic bread, but a side of veggies would be a great addition as well!
The best part about this is the fact that it freezes perfectly! Double the recipe and make one for tonight and freeze one for a later date! I love doing that because on those nights where you don’t have time or simply don’t feel like cooking, you can still have a homemade meal and avoid having to opt for fast food or going out!
Italian Noodle Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a skillet, cook the beef or turkey until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add in the garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, onion, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and tomato sauce. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Cook egg noodles according to packaged directions. Drain water and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese.
- Pour cooked noodles into cream cheese mixture and stir until all is combined.
- Place mixture into 9x13 pan and spread evenly.
- Pour meat sauce on top of pasta evenly.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve!
Have you signed up for my free newsletter?? If not, its simple! Go to my blog, www.thecookinchicks.com, and on the right hand side, you will see a place to enter your email address! Once you enter it, be on the lookout for a confirmation email. Once confirmed, you’re set! You’ll receive my newest recipe via email, get fun tips, information, and you get first access to all my prize giveaways!!