Lemon Garlic Asparagus is a quick and easy side dish packed with flavor! Ready to enjoy in under 20 minutes, this dish will have you going back for seconds!
Last week, my hubby and I celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary. Crazy to think it has already been 15 years, but time flies when you’re having fun, right?!
Since our anniversary fell on a weeknight, we were busy with several camps for the kids, sports practices, and car pooling. Needless to say, we weren’t able to sneak away for a dinner that evening, so opted to make a tasty dinner at home!
My hubby took it upon himself to plan the entire meal and not only cook it for us, but also do the dishes! I had the night completely off from cooking/cleaning and thoroughly enjoyed that!
To say he outdid himself would be an understatement. He cooked us steak, mashed potatoes, and this Lemon Garlic Asparagus.
Every singly bite on my plate was incredible! The steak literally melted in our mouth (check out his step by step cooking guide HERE). The potatoes had so much flavor and complimented the steak perfectly. However, the asparagus was the dish I couldn’t get enough of.
Perfectly roasted in the oven, then drizzled with lemon juice and zest! Not only did it have incredible flavor, but it was so light and refreshing…perfect for the summer heat here in Houston!
As we inhaled our plates, we both agreed that we would need to add the asparagus to our side dish rotation.
This recipe is perfect as is, however, if you love Feta cheese, you could definitely crumble it on top!
Next time you’re trying to add a veggie to your meal, definitely give this Lemon Garlic Asparagus a try! You can even cook your asparagus in a skillet on your grill to keep the heat out of the kitchen!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think of it in the comment section below!
Do you like Asparagus? Check out the other versions from my blog here!
Lemon Garlic Asparagus
- 1 lb asparagus *ends trimmed about 1 inch from bottom
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic *minced
- 1/2 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 3 tbsp Feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, and minced garlic.
- Place asparagus onto a cookie sheet and brush the olive oil mixture evenly on top of all the asparagus.
- Place cookie sheet into preheated oven and allow to cook for about 13 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from oven and squeeze the lemon juice on top of the roasted asparagus, followed by sprinkling the lemon zest evenly.
- Serve with Feta on top if using and enjoy!