I don’t know about you, but I LOVE zoodles!! If you haven’t heard of them, they are zucchini noodles. Using a spiralizer, they are created quite easily and can be used in place of or in addition to regular pasta.
Believe it or not, my kiddos happily eat their zoodles up, so I definitely try to incorporate it into our meal plan once a week!!
Last week, I made this lemon garlic chicken dish and not only was it incredibly flavorful, but it was simple to make and healthy!! Good bye pasta carbs, hello zoodles!!
If you love lemon and garlic, this is the meal for you!!
Lemon Garlic Chicken Zoodles
- 6 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 lb chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tbsp Parsley (fresh or dried)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to skillet over medium high heat.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove noodles and excess water from skillet and place in colander to allow to drain.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in same skillet used previously.
- Add diced chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and parsley to skillet, lower heat to low, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil, garlic cloves, salt, and black pepper.
- Add zucchini noodles back to skillet, as well as pour in the lemon juice mixture.
- Stir to combine all and sprinkle desired amount of Parmesan cheese on top. Serve!!
Recipe adapted from: The Iron You