If you love shrimp, then you are going to love this quick and easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp recipe! Ready to eat in about 10 minutes, this simple and healthy dinner is a must try!
Last week, I lost track of time one afternoon and realized I never took anything out for dinner! Since I had to head to car pick up at school, I knew I had to find something quick and easy.
I quickly rummaged through the pantry to take a quick inventory of my on hand ingredients before heading out the door. As I was sitting at my kids school, I began racking my brain for ideas and combos to try and immediately remembered the package of shrimp I had in the freezer, the lemons and garlic I had in the produce drawer, and of course, the pasta I ALWAYS keep on hand.
I decided to whip up the pasta with a veggie and some rolls since I didn’t have any salad ingredients on hand, however, a side salad would compliment this dish perfectly!
The overall flavor was perfect. Just the right amount of lemon and garlic, the pasta was perfectly cooked (we prefer al dente), and it made plenty for my hubby to take for lunch the following day!
My kids are HUGE seafood lovers, probably due to living in Seattle for a period of time. They thoroughly enjoyed this dish and asked that I make it again soon. Therefore, I give it the stamp of kid approved, family friendly, and definitely budget friendly (always be on the lookout for sales on shrimp).
With busy school night among us, whip this dish up in no time and serve a healthy, flavorful meal instead of going out!
Quick and Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb shrimp (thawed)
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon, squeeze (juice)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded or grated
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Allow to simmer for about 4 minutes, or until shrimp are pink in color.
- Stir in the lemon juice and chicken broth.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Toss cooked pasta with the sauce until fully incorporated.
- Serve with additional Parmesan and chopped Parsley if desired. Enjoy!
This is the Citrus juicer I have and love!!! https://amzn.to/2N69ZFy