This Mediterranean Pesto Pasta is packed with fresh vegetables, tender chicken, and grated Parmesan! Flavorful, simple to prepare, and budget friendly!
This easy to make pasta dish is perfect for anytime of the year! Zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and chicken combined with a Pesto sauce make this one meal you definitely should try!
A few nights ago, I was looking for a simple dinner to prepare because I was short on time. I had thought ahead earlier and thawed some chicken, but that’s as far as I got. I couldn’t very well serve chicken on its own, so decided to throw some veggies with it. One thing led to another and this pasta dish was created. Thank goodness I had a jar of Pesto in my pantry otherwise who knows what we would have been eating, haha!
I sauteed the vegetables first, then the chicken, and combined all into some cooked pasta with Pesto. The dish looks much fancier than it really was to make, so I call that a win!
My hubby and I each went back for seconds, and my three kiddos happily cleared their plates (eating even their veggies without complaint)!
Now, I use and LOVE Chupacabra seasoning on my veggies and chicken, however, if you have a favorite seasoning on hand already, feel free to use that! If you are in the market for a new seasoning line, DEFINITELY try Chupacabra (click HERE). Some other options would be Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, garlic herb, or keeping it simple with good ol’ salt/pepper.
If you want to make a homemade Pesto sauce, you definitely can! I had a jar that we had been gifted, so I used that, but a homemade Pesto is a great option too! Just depends on time you have!
You can use spaghetti noodles, or change things up and use a different noodle! You just need to change the cook time according to the package directions!
Change up the vegetables if you prefer different ones in addition or lieu of! The choices are endless with this dish!
Have some fun with this Mediterranean Pesto Pasta and truly make it your own! Its a simple, light tasting dinner option that also reheats great!
Be sure to connect to me on Instagram HERE! Use #thecookinchicks if you make this dish!!
Mediterranean Pesto Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 zucchini's, sliced
- 1 squash, sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1/4 cup Pesto
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Seasoning of choice
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Add in the zucchini and squash once oil is heated. Cook for about 5 minutes, seasoning with salt/pepper or seasoning of choice *I use Chupacabra (see link in post above)
- Once zucchini/squash is slightly browned, remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, add remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add uncooked chicken and season with salt/pepper or desired seasoning. Cook about 6-8 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- As chicken is cooking, boil noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain once cooked.
- Add cooked/drained pasta to the cooked chicken.
- Toss in the cherry tomatoes and zucchini/squash mixture.
- Add in the Pesto and toss to coat thoroughly. *You can add more Pesto if you prefer.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top and serve immediately! Enjoy!