A new thing I have been doing each week is preparing a meal from my blog, and offering it for sale to those in my town. All of the working moms and dads enjoy it because they get a homemade meal for dinner, without having to prepare it. This week, I offered this creamy baked ziti dish and it was a huge hit. I heard back from several families and all of them said the same thing; this is a winner!! It only took me about ten minutes to whip this up, and my family of five ate a little less than half the pan. My kids loved it and asked for seconds! If you don’t have the time during the week to prepare this, you could also make it on the weekend and freeze it for another night! All in all, this is definitely a must try!!
- 1 box Ziti ( 1lb)
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (16 oz) alfredo sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain water.
- Add in alfredo sauce to pasta and mix well.
- Pour pasta into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a different pan, cook the turkey/beef until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add in spaghetti sauce and allow to simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Pour meat sauce on top of alfredo pasta evenly.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of pan.
- Cover pan with foil. *Spray the foil with cooking spray to avoid the foil sticking to the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for 15 minutes covered, 15 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from oven and serve!!