Baked Ziti is classic Italian-American comfort food! This Quick and Easy Baked Ziti includes beef, sauce, and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses.
Since pasta dishes are typically inexpensive, kid friendly, and quick to the table, I love to make one or two a week.
If you’re a pasta lover like myself, also be sure to check these favorites out:
Last week, I decided to change up my “go to” ziti recipe, and this was the result. It had great flavor, made tons which was great for lunches the next day, and it took no time to prepare!
My kids thoroughly enjoyed it as well, which if you have kids, is always a plus!
I ended up making this dish for several families in my neighborhood and the feedback was great!! Everyone raved how flavorful it was and how the cheeses were such a tasty addition to each and every bite!
If you want to change things up a bit, you can even cook up Italian Sausage in lieu of the beef. It adds lots of great flavor and is a perfect alternative to beef/turkey!
Make an extra one and stick it in the freezer since this dish freezes perfectly and makes those busy nights perfect for pulling a pan of this out and simply placing into the oven to bake!
Ingredients Needed for this tasty pasta dish:
Ground beef or turkey
Mozzarella cheese, divided
Parmesan cheese, shredded
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think in the comments below if you try it!!
Do you like lasagna, but not the fuss? Make this Quick and Easy Baked Ziti instead! It’s a lot like a lasagna casserole, but much simpler to make! Print the recipe below and add it to your next meal plan!
Quick and Easy Baked Ziti
- 1 lb Ziti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 26 oz spaghetti sauce
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese *shredded/divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese *shredded
- Cook pasta to al dente. Drain water, set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, cook meat until no longer pink. Drain fat. Remove from heat.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the cooked meat.
- Stir in ricotta.
- Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese to the pasta and toss to coat.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Add the sauce with the pasta, make sure pasta is coated evenly.
- Pour into pan and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover pan with tin foil and bake in preheated oven, 350, for 30 minutes. Remove cover and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Recipe updated 10/14/21