If you’re a pasta lover, you’ll love these Instant Pot Stuffed Shells! Flavorful, cheesy, and made in no time using the Instant Pot!
If you take a look around my blog, you’ll realize I am a HUGE Instant Pot lover! Seriously!! Where has that appliance been all my life and how on Earth did I survive without it?!?!
Okay, maybe that was a tad bit dramatic, but I sure do love the convenience it brings to busy schedules!
Last week, I decided to make it an Instant Pot night and make these stuffed shells for dinner! I knew my kids would love it because anything pasta is a winner in their eyes!
I actually prepared this a bit earlier in the afternoon and kept it ready to go until dinner!
Not only was it quick and easy to prepare, but it had amazing flavor! The noodles were perfectly cooked and we all were able to scoop our desired portions out and enjoy without the shells falling apart!
If you want to substitute ground turkey in place of the beef, you definitely can! Or, make this meatless and skip the beef/turkey steps altogether!
You can make a homemade sauce and use that in this recipe, or keep it simple and buy whichever sauce is your favorite! My family loves garlic, so I tend to buy roasted garlic pasta sauces for added flavor!
If you want to add a slight kick to this, add in some red pepper flakes! Both my hubby and I sprinkled some on our portion and it was a great addition!
If you’re an Instant Pot lover, check out my other Instant Pot recipes HERE!
Enjoy these Instant Pot Stuffed Shells and be sure to let me know what you think! Let’s connect on Instagram too! Click HERE!
Equipment I used:
Instant Pot: https://amzn.to/31wj27E
Non Stick Instant Pot Liner (GAME CHANGER!!!): https://amzn.to/37o5yPg
Recipe adapted from: Busy Cooks
Instant Pot Stuffed Shells
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- t tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 15 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 8 oz jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups water
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode and add in the ground beef/turkey.
- Cook meat until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add in the salt, pepper, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- If you have anything stuck to the bottom of your pot, add up to 1/4 cup water to deglaze.
- Ensure meat it spread evenly over bottom of Instant Pot liner.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan, and 2 cups Mozzarella cheese in a medium bowl.
- Place cheese mixture into a piping bag or Ziploc with corner cut off.
- Fill each pasta shell with cheese mixture.
- Place stuffed pasta shells (uncooked but filled at this point) on top of the meat layer.
- Carefully pour water on top of pasta shells.
- Pour pasta sauce evenly on top of pasta shells.
- Place lid securely on top of Instant Pot and ensure valve is in sealed position.
- Cook manual, high pressure for 8 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Once pin has dropped, remove lid and sprinkle remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese evenly on top of pasta shells.
- Place lid back on the Instant Pot and allow to rest for about 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, scoop shells onto plate. Make sure you scoop to the bottom to get some of the meat into your portion!