Ever since my mom introduced my hubby and I to stuffed jalapenos, we have been hooked. Anytime that grill is fired up, we are adding jalapenos to the meal plan! There is nothing better than the crisp bacon, creamy goat cheese, all in a jalapeno!!
I decided to change things up a bit this time around since I had some sausage in the freezer and cream cheese in the fridge! We cleaned out the jalapenos (be sure to get all those seeds otherwise it will have quite the kick to it), stuffed it with the cream cheese sausage mixture and threw these on the grill. If you are making these in the winter and don’t want to grill, no biggie, simply place on a cookie sheet and cook in the oven! The flavor was amazing!! Since we had leftover cheese mixture, we ran back to the store the next day for more jalapenos and had my parents over for round two. They too loved these!!
The bacon wrapped jalapenos are the perfect side dish to any meal, whereas these sausage stuffed jalapenos are a great meal! We added some grilled pineapple to the dinner and called it done!
- 1/2 lb ground sausage (I used spicy)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Cook sausage over medium heat in a skillet until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cooked sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onion, and garlic powder.
- Spoon mixture evenly into each jalapeno until each is stuffed.
- Place jalapenos on tin foil and place on grill for about 10 minutes, OR place on a baking sheet in the oven, 350, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve!!