A few weeks ago, my neighbors were having a dinner party and I volunteered to bring an appetizer. Since chips and dip are always hits at any party, I decided to make a new dip!! I added the ingredients into a disposable pan, popped it in the oven, and the end result was definitely a hit!!
The cheesy layer on top was my favorite part, but the warmth of the dip (since it is cooked) was an added bonus since it was a cool Texas night (rare, I know)!
Plus, living in Texas, I get points for making a “Texas” dip, right??
This is the perfect snack/appetizer for any gathering and a real crowd winner!!
- (2) 16 oz. cans refried beans
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp. taco seasoning or 1 packet
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric handheld mixer to combine the refried beans, cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
- Spread mixture evenly on bottom of 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle both cheeses on top of bean mixture and place pan in oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with tortilla chips or crackers!