This Easy Layered Nacho Dip calls for only a few simple ingredients and can be prepared quickly!
Layers of cheesy, salsa goodness in every bite, this will be a favorite with everyone!
Don’t you just love a good, cheesy appetizer? Especially one that comes together quickly??! Well, if so, this cheesy nacho dip is just the thing for you!
Appetizers are one of my most favorite things to make! Why? Because they are perfect just about any time! if you are having friends over, an appetizer is perfect. If you are hosting a gathering, or simply hungry in the afternoon, appetizers are just the thing to try!
Last week, my hubby and I had some friends over for dinner and since we had them come over a bit earlier in the evening, we were all about to enjoy this dip as we caught up and relaxed a bit!
Grab some chips and dig into this cheesy, Easy Layered Nacho Dip made with cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning, cheese, and green onion!
Not only can this dip be made ahead of time, but it comes together in only about 10 minutes! In fact, you may have all the necessary ingredients already on hand! You can make this your own by adding more toppings, adding a kick with some spicy salsa, change up the cheeses, and more! Olives, jalapenos, green chiles, and more are all great options to add!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THIS EASY LAYERED NACHO DIP
- Cream Cheese– softened, this allows everything to blend easier
- Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning– I prefer using my homemade recipe HERE, however, store bought works great too
- Salsa– choose your favorite kind and make it your own. Verde works, as does mild, medium, or spicy
- Mexican Cheese– this is one of my fav blends, however, Colby Jack or Pepper jack cheese works too
- Green Onions– sliced
- Tortilla Chips– I love scoops with this since it holds more of the tasty dip, but any kind work great
*See recipe card below for exact amounts
HOW TO PREPARE
- Combine the sour cream and cream cheese together until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Spread mixture into a shallow dish such as a pie plate.
- Sprinkle additional seasoning on top (if desired).
- Pour salsa on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Spread shredded cheese on top of salsa and place dish into the refrigerator for about 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- Remove dish from refrigerator and sprinkle green onions on top. Scoop using tortilla chips and enjoy!
ALTERNATIVE NACHO DIP INGREDIENTS
Have fun with the toppings and make it your own! The possibilities are endless!
- Black Olives
- Green Chiles
- Hot Sauce
- Bell Peppers
HOW LONG DOES LAYERED NACHO DIP LAST?
As long as you cover the dish with plastic wrap and keep it refrigerated, this Layered Nacho Dip should last about 3-4 days so feel free.
Perfect to make ahead of time or keep enjoying for a few days!
MORE GREAT APPETIZER RECIPES TO TRY:
Easy Layered Nacho Dip is one of the BEST party appetizers! Filled with layers of delicious ingredients perfect for any occasion! Print or save the recipe below!
Easy Layered Nacho Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning *see homemade recipe above
- 15.5 oz salsa
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese *shredded
- Green Onions/Tortilla Chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning until smooth and creamy.
- Spread into a shallow dish, such as a pie plate.
- Sprinkle additional taco seasoning on top if desired.
- Pour salsa evenly on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Spread Mexican cheese on top of salsa and place dish into refrigerator for minimum of 1 hour.
- Remove and add green onions on top. Serve with tortilla chips.